Thursday, September 11, 2008

Again, I wish I had 8

So, I bought some Hot Dog buns today. I know that should have been the highlight of my day, but I actually did something even better than that...the kids and I saw something pretty cool:



Yeah, these pictures are not the fault of my N95 (Did I tell you about my new phone?) I should have put it in landscape mode and taken just one pic. I'm only on chapter 483 in the manual so hopefully I'll learn about the camera soon.

Pretty cool, huh? My dad is making quite an addition to his home. More pictures to be coming for sure. (Could I have sounded more valley girl gay just now?)

Speaking of Hot Dog Buns, I bought a pack of eight buns. When I got home I saw that our pack has only seven hot dog dongs in it (Doesn't that sound much better than hot dog wieners?). The pack of dog dongs that we have are Hebrew National and are, of course, Kosher. I wonder if the eighth dong would have made the package unKosher or anti-Kosher...How do you say "Not Kosher", Jesish?

Ok, stay with me here. There has been a long, sometimes funny, complaint about the number of Dongs in a pack being different than the number of Buns in a pack. I subscribe to the rational that meat is sold one way and bread another so until one company makes both, there will always be a difference in the number of items in a pack. Despite the differences though, there are some consistancies:

Dongs are sold in packs of 8 or 10.

Buns are sold in 6 (1/2 dozen), 8 (to match Dongs) or 12 (1 dozen).

So why do my Kosher Dongs come in packs of 7? What the Hell is wrong with these people? This is NOT Kosher. Does eight represent something bad? Did Jesus eat the eighth Dong?

Anyway, we'll be eating Hot Dogs tonight and there will be an extra bun for whoever wants it.

2 comments:

Mama Duck said...

You seem to always want every thing in eights. Eight buns, Eight hot dongs, eight inches... Sometimes you just can't get what you want.
To answer your question about how to say 'NOT' Kosher...I've consulted the authorities and the word you are looking for is Treyf. Not sure how to pronounce it but there you go.

beebee said...

This reminded me of Steve Martin's grocery store melt-down in "Father of the Bride"