Friday, November 21, 2008

Way to go Nebraska!

In an effort to keep dead babies from filling up trash cans, Nebraska adopted a "safe haven" law that all hospitals would accept unwanted children without any pesky questions. All 50 States have some form of this law, but Nebraska is special. Nebraska doesn't have an age limit.

"Since September, 35 children, most of them preteens and teenagers, have been dropped off at Nebraska hospitals." (http://www.kmeg.com/Global/story.asp?S=9391246)

Dad: Clean up your room.
Kid: Dad, I'm busy right now.
Dad: Dammit! You know the rules: If you don't obey, we're off to Omaha.
Kid: No Dad. I don't want to go. I'll be good, not like my brothers and sisters. What were their names again?
Dad: I don't remember. I have 175,000 frequent flyer miles now though.

Act now because, at 12:01 am Saturday morning, an age limit of 30 days old will be enforced.

No comments: