Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Huh?

I decided the kids should get their monthly dose of vegetables last night. I even cooked the whole bag of frozen corn kernels so they could have two servings each. There was a small problem with the amount of water that was to be boiled.

Each cup of corn to be cooked required 1/4 cup of water (see picture under Stove Top).



Since I wanted to cook the entire bag I looked to the instructions for the appropriate amount of water.



For every cup of corn I needed 1/4 of water. The bag contains five 2/3 cup servings...or 3 1/3 cups of corn. So, to cook the entire bag I would need to add 5/6 cup of water. Why the Hell couldn't the bag contain 3 cups of corn thus requiring 3/4 cup of water?

This is why my kids are malnurished.

1 comment:

steph said...

they are far from malnourished